Get It Done Home Inspections
Poorly installed home systems, additions, fixtures, and appliances can lead to some scary short- and long-term consequences. Luckily, Get It Done Home Inspections can protect you against them!
Firstly, contact our team and share your goal with us. If you’re worried about your home’s foundation, then our team will do a complete assessment of your house to test its overall structural integrity.
Secondly, we’ll do a quick consultation with you to further examine your goals. For example, if you’re a homebuyer, there’s a high chance that you’ll need more than just the basic inspection services. In this case, we’ll suggest a new home assessment to uncover any hidden damages and defects the seller might be hiding from you.
Lastly, we’ll conduct the inspection, generate the report, and then explain it to you in detail. From here on out, you’re free to do whatever you want with the information we provide.
Some of the different clients we work with are:
- Homeowners: As a homeowner, the safety of your family is of the utmost importance. So you should do everything to ensure your home is 100% free of any possible threats and hazards.
- Tenants: Use our reports to convince your landlord to pay for the repairs and maintenance of your apartment or unit. After all, it’s their duty to take care of the rooms they lease out.
- Homebuyers: Buyers can hire us to do a quick inspection of the property they plan to buy. Doing so protects them from damaged properties with hidden defects and issues.
Home of the Worry Free Promise
Common Substandard Installations
At Get It Done Home Inspections, we commonly spot defects and damages in the following areas:
1. Electrical Systems
Improperly installed electrical systems are very dangerous. Some possible negative outcomes of having substandard electrical installations are:
- Electricity-Induced Fires: Overloading outlets, faulty wires, and flimsy installations are all fire hazards. In fact, they could put your entire household at risk. That’s why it’s important to get inspectors to check your systems at least once every year for maintenance.
- High Electricity Bills: Poor electrical systems force appliances to consume more electricity just to function normally. At first, you might not notice that your appliances are eating up a few extra pennies’ worth of energy. But as time passes, they could easily add up to hundreds of wasted dollars.
- Damaged Appliances: Never plug your appliances into damaged outlets. Even if your gadget is in perfect condition, it will still take some serious damage if you attach it to substandard electrical systems.
2. House Foundation
We check for foundation damage that affects your home’s structural integrity such as:
- Foundation Cracks: Keep in mind that even hairline cracks might become a big issue in the long run. Do not dismiss these as minor wear and tear damage.
- Slanted Walls: Another clear sign of foundation defects is if the walls are leaning either forward or backward. This means the soil underneath it shifted and affected the way the walls stand.
- Uneven Floors: This one is a bit hard to notice, but our team has the necessary equipment to see if your floor has started to sag or not.
3. HVAC Systems
The quality and durability of your HVAC system depends on how your contractors installed it. If it’s filled with holes, cracks, and flimsy panels, then it won’t be able to perform as well as it should. But if your specialists did a good job, expect the system to run for at least 10 to 15 years.
The main downside of having poorly installed HVAC systems is bad indoor air quality. You might not be able to control the humidity and air temperature through these defective units. Also, low-quality units consume too much electricity.
Ready to check your home for substandard installations? Then book an appointment with us today at (404) 869-2364. We proudly serve clients from the following areas:
- Atlanta, GA
- Brookhaven, GA
- Buckhead, GA
- College Park, GA
- Decatur, GA
- Druid Hills, GA
- East Point, GA
- Marietta, GA
- North Buckhead, GA
- North Druid Hills, GA
- Sandy Springs, GA
- Smyrna, GA
- Vinings, GA